Sunday, May 1, 2022, 5:00 PM
May 1-2, 2022
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
Single RegistrationMultiple Attendee Registration
Province III Synod is back to meeting in-person and registration is now open! We will begin Sunday evening, May 1 at 5 pm, with a meet-and-greet reception, at which you can meet the candidates for provincial offices. Registration will open at 4 pm. We will plan to end by 5 pm on May 2. Attendees must make their own housing reservations with the Holiday Inn by calling 304-267-5500 and indicating you are with Province III Synod. If the Holiday Inn is full, there hotels nearby: The Fairfield Inn by Marriott shares the same parking lot, and the Red Roof Inn is across the street. (See map below.)
Please be aware that there will not be the option to attend virtually. Our location does not have that capability and other locations that do are not available on our meeting date. Also note that orientation for the 80th General Convention will not be taking place at synod this year. The GCO is preparing videos that each diocesan deputation will receive and webinars for Q&A.
However, General Convention will still be an important part of the business that will take place at Synod, including considering resolutions coming before GC and voting to elect provincial officers. Nominees for offices are:
- President: The Reverend Nathaniel Pierce, Diocese of Easton
- Vice-president: The Right Reverend Kevin S. Brown, Bishop of Delaware
- Treasurer: Canon Judith L. Gregory, Diocese of Delaware
- Secretary: Mr. Steven Jones, Diocese of Delaware
- Lay Representative to Executive Council:
- Mr. Karl Colder, Diocese of West Virginia
- Mr. Christopher Hart, Diocese of Pennsylvania
- Mr. Matthew Taylor, Diocese of Washington
As materials for Synod become available, they will be posted here: a draft agenda, resolutions, and 2022 budget are available now.
Also note our Covid-19 protocols:
- Every attendee will be required to submit proof of vaccination, including booster shot (a minimum of 2 weeks before the event.) You can send your card in advance to Pam Cochran or bring your vaccination card/photo of your card to the registration table.
- Masks will be required.
- Every attendee needs to take a home covid test on the morning of their arrival. If anyone needs help with finding a test, please contact Pam Cochran.